SHINEtastic Sample Lesson
The guide to finding your student's gifts so they can illuminate the world!
- dynamic culture
- deep discussions
- positive mindset
- safe & healthy learning environment
- awareness & acceptance of self & others
- Video 1: For the teacher to view & is an overview of S.H.I.N.E.
- Video 2: For the students to view & is an overview of S.H.I.N.E.
- Videos 3-14: For the students to view where LaVonna teaches them about each letter of S.H.I.N.E.; The importance of each letter and how they, as a student, can make a difference in their own life and others. A correlating hands-on lesson (see below) is implemented with each video.
- Video 15: For the teacher to view on continuing the SHINEtastic, life-changing culture they have started.
- Lessons 1-12: Hands-on, engaging and exploratory lessons for students and teachers to experience and grow in a positive mindset & social-emotional well-being. There is an introduction lesson (#1), 2 lessons per letter of S.H.I.N.E. (#2-11) and a culminating lesson (#12).
- Lesson plans are PDF and can be printed out for ease of implementation.
Self. Heart. Ignite. Navigate. Exceptional.
These words capture the path that LaVonna Roth uses to challenge others in finding out how to ignite the S.H.I.N.E. in their students, others and self. As a learning specialist, author, keynote speaker and consultant, LaVonna bridges her passion for how the brain learns with education and helping every individual realize the value they bring. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education, a Master’s in the Art of Teaching and a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership. LaVonna taught at the elementary and secondary levels and is the author of 8 books. She has presented in the U.S., Canada, Europe and the Middle East on increasing engagement and the fun factor in learning. She is the creator and founder of the Ignite Your S.H.I.N.E.® movement, where every person is encouraged to use his or her skills, talents and gifts… to illuminate the world.